Shopping Cart
0 item(s) - Rs. 0.00
MBA Project Reports, BBA Project Reports, Download MBA Project Reports, Projects Sample Topics
MBA projects, BBA project reports, MBA synopsis,Project proposal
| More

Marketing Strategies of Himalaya Herbal Health Care

Rs. 1,000.00  Rs. 500.00
Save: 50% off



Introduction:
The key suppliers in Ayurveda are Dabur, Himalaya, Baidyanath, and Zandu, which together have about 85% of India's domestic market.
Dabur India Ltd. is India's largest Ayurvedic medicine supplier and the fourth largest producer of FMCG. It was established in 1884, and had grown to a business level in 2003 of about 650 million dollars per year, though only a fraction of that is involved with Ayurvedic medicine. Last year, about 15% of sales volume was pharmaceuticals, the remaining 85% were mostly non-medicine items such as foods and cosmetics. Dabur's Ayurvedic Specialties Division has over 260 medicines for treating a range of ailments and body conditions-from common cold to chronic paralysis. These materials constitute only 7% of Dabur's total revenue (thus, less than 50 million dollars). Dabur Chyawanprash (herbal honey) has a market share of 70% and chewable Hajmola Digestive Tablets has an 88% share. Other major products are Dabur Amla Hair Oil, Vatika (Shampoo), and Lal Dant Manjan (Tooth Powder).
Sri Baidyanath Ayurvedic Bhawan Ltd. (Baidyanath for short) was founded in 1917 in Calcutta, and specializes in Ayurvedic medicines, though it has recently expanded into the FMCG sector with cosmetic and hair care products; one of its international products is Shikakai (soap pod) Shampoo. Baidyanath has a sales volume of about 350 million dollars, but most of the product sales are in the cosmetic range. The company reports having over 700 Ayurvedic products, made at 10 manufacturing centers, with 1,600 employees. Included items are herbal teas, patent medicines, massage oils, and chyawanprash.
Zandu Pharmaceutical Works was incorporated in Bombay in 1919, named after an 18th-century Ayurvedic. The company focuses primarily on Ayurvedic products (in 1930, pharmaceuticals were added, but the pharmaceutical division was separated off about 30 years later). However, today Zandu has a chemicals division and cosmetics division. Its total sales volume is about 45 million dollars. One of its current projects is to develop a dopamine drug from a plant extract, applying for new drug status in the U.S.

Number of Pages of Project Report: 52
Package Includes: Project Report
Project Format: Document (.doc)

Table of Contents of Project Report:
1. The Mission Statement
2. Pharmaceutical Industry in India
3. The Ayurvedic Medicine Industry in India Ė Major Players
4. Status of Ayurveda in India
5. The Himalaya Drug Company
6. Organization Chart
7. The 4 Pís
- The Product
- The Place
- The Promotion
- The Pricing
8. SWOT Analysis of Himalaya
9. Findings and Analysis
10. Porterís 5 forces model
11. Recommendations
12. Bibliography
13. Questionnaire


About Us    Privacy Policy    Shipping/Cancellation/Refund Policy    Terms and Conditions    Site map

Copyright © 2014 ProjectFever.com - MBA project reports, BBA project reports, MBA synopsis, Project proposal, Download project reports, Projects sample, MBA project topics